We are optimists! We believe in the problem-solving abilities of designers and offer designers opportunities, support, publicity and a platform. By showing how designers worldwide give a positive shape to the future, we strengthen their position and significance far beyond the Netherlands. We do this by organising and holding Dutch Design Week, World Design Embassies, Dutch Design Awards and What if Lab. Our organisation, Dutch Design Foundation (DDF), is a non-profit foundation with a two-member board of directors and a supervisory board.
Digital Marketing Manager
32-40 hours a week
We are looking for a Digital Marketing Manager to expand our team. Start date: no later than 1 November 2021, earlier if possible. This position is for a fixed term employment contract with the goal of eventually entering into a permanent employment contract
As a Digital Marketing Manager you mainly work within the Dutch Design Foundation (DDF) for the Dutch Design Week (DDW) and Dutch Design Awards (DDA) labels. The focus for both is in October, when the annual nine-day DDW takes place in Eindhoven. DDW is the largest design event in Northern Europe and presents work and concepts by more than 2,600 designers to more than 350,000 visitors from home and abroad. Although all conceivable disciplines and aspects of design are covered during DDW, the focus is on experimentation, innovation and cross-overs. DDW focuses on the design of the future and the future of design.
DDA has been a leader in the interpretation of excellent Dutch design for many years. Through the competition, the Award Show Live and various (24 designers/studios) virtual exhibitions, DDA show and reward the best in Dutch design. The Award Show Live brings the winners to the attention of peers, the press and the general public and ensures that the discussion around Dutch design continues, in order to carry on the essential impact of design on society and contribute to the development of the field.
As an experienced digital marketing professional, you understand the international marketing landscape and the role of technology in it. In order to cope with global channel fragmentation, you develop an appropriate strategy. You look for the ideal mix of channels where we can be super relevant for the main target groups of DDW and DDA. Your channel strategy revolves around developing and improving customer journeys in which relevance, personalization and automation are central.
In the first period, you work to gain insight into the current performance of the channels used within the various customer journeys and the effectiveness of the tooling with which we manage those channels. You build reports and let the data give you insights. Based on this, you develop a plan that builds on the digital foundation we developed over the past five years. Salesforce Sales and Marketing Cloud plays a key role in this; it is the foundation of DDF’s tech stack to drive traffic to its platforms. On this basis, you will develop a sharp vision of Social, Paid, Email, Search and new channels.
During the year, you ensure that DDW and DDA are clearly visible in the relevant digital spaces and you develop new ideas. In the run-up to DDW, your entire focus is on activating DDW through a well-thought-out ticket campaign. During DDW, your attention is fully focused on disseminating the enormous overload of fantastic design content in the most relevant channels. Because DDW is an extreme peak organization, it is crucial that you feel comfortable in a super dynamic environment that requires an enormous commitment. The focus for the coming months will be on email marketing and optimizing digital journeys.
You will work in a small team of top professionals in the field of Content, Social, PR & Media, Platform and CRM. In addition, you frequently work with external agencies to set up and manage digital campaigns and develop new digital products, among others. You work closely with and report to the Chief Marketing Officer. DDF is a flat organization and strives to have as few layers as possible in its organization. In the current formation, you manage the Social Media Marketeer.
Core tasks of the Digital Marketing Manager
Thinking and planning (20%)
Based on customer research and analysis of existing marketing channels, you develop a clear picture of how you can offer new and existing customers and fans an optimal, relevant and personal DDW and DDA experience.
You devise digital journeys for each target group in which you strive for an optimal channel mix per phase of each journey. You select and implement methods and tools to achieve this.
You develop solid ideas on how to appeal to new groups of fans in collaboration with and using third-party channels and partners. With strong inbound marketing, you ensure an increase in traffic on your own DDW and DDA platforms.
Execute and realize (50%)
You are the internal manager of the digital channels of the organization. You closely monitor the deployment and performance of these channels. You advise colleagues as to what content can best be published on what channel mix and in what way.
You set up and organize digital customer journeys for the different target groups in which you continuously optimize the various touchpoints in the customer journey. You use Email, Social, Search and Advertisement Marketing for this purpose.
You strive for an ideal mix of automated lead generation and human customer interaction to nurture the different target groups of DDW and DDA into ‘sales’ qualified leads.
Measure and improve (30%)
You build and maintain a clear reporting structure of all digital marketing activities in which you keep the organization up-to-date on results achieved and areas for improvement.
You run A/B and MvT tests on a daily basis to improve the performance of campaigns, channels and platforms.
You keep yourself informed of the latest trends in digital marketing and you apply these new insights as experiments in your daily work.
What we expect
– We expect you to have at least a bachelor’s degree in marketing, communication and/or e-commerce.
– You have at least five years’ extensive experience in managing digital marketing programs.
– You have a relationship-driven attitude and strive for connection and win-win situations, through which you make others successful and others grant you success. You can easily interact with various levels of stakeholders, from junior to VIP.
– You are a team player, but you also know how to take the lead and shoot from the starting blocks. You understand that a channel is a tool from the marketing toolbox and that you only achieve success if the entire team performs.
– You understand how customer journeys connect all marketing disciplines and lead to the realization of the ultimate customer experience for the various target groups. You know how to match the right channel mix to that customer journey.
– You are naturally digital and tech savvy and understand modern digital marketing and the channels, tools and platforms modern organizations use to be successful.
– Knowledge of data models for testing, visualization and reporting is a big advantage. Experience with Google Analytics is a must and Google Data Studio highly desirable.
– You know your way around digital marketing basics such as search optimization, backlink management and online advertising. You also have experience in setting up high-performing email marketing programs.
– You strategically look at the use of social media platforms for driving engagement and lead generation, specifically Instagram, LinkedIn and YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and Google. In addition, you have new channels on your radar.
– You have hands-on experience with leading martech tools. Ideally you are familiar with Salesforce (Marketing Cloud) and you work with tools such as Hotjar, Ahrefs, Algolia, Google Tag Manager. You can easily find your way in a CMS and you have basic HTML knowledge.
– You have an affinity with the creative industry, preferably specifically in the domain of design and innovation. This enables you to act as a digital sounding board for partners and participants of DDW and DDA within the design field.
– You have a pleasant but clear way of communicating, both verbally and in writing, in at least Dutch and in English at an excellent level. This allows you to present your vision or plans in a pleasantly convincing way.
What we offer
– A challenging and varied workplace within a lean and flexible team that works with enthusiasm and optimism to achieve the objectives of DDF.
– The opportunity to develop yourself enormously in a short time with plenty of room for your own input and implementation of your own proposals.
– An opportunity to significantly expand your international network within the culture and design field with top players.
– You work from the easily accessible DDF office at the inspiring Strijp-S, one of the creative hotspots of Eindhoven.
– For this position, we offer a competitive salary in line with the market, and the candidate’s education and experience.
Working at DDF
DDF has a flat organizational structure in which transparency about processes and results is paramount. This means that we also ask the Digital Marketing Manager for input on strategic choices for DDF. Our workforce consists of a core of permanent employees surrounded by a flexible shell. In the run-up to the annual event Dutch Design Week, the DDF team temporarily expands from approximately 25 people to approximately 60 people. Although the atmosphere is warm and informal, we as a team regard each other critically and continuously reflect on the processes within our organisation through constructive feedback.
DDF subscribes to the Cultural Governance Code, the Fair Practice Code and the Diversity & Inclusion Code. DDF strives for diversity in all areas of operation, including staff, programming, partners and the public. For this reason, we encourage people from different backgrounds and cultures to apply.
Are you interested?
Send your CV and a (short) motivation letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org before 1 October 2021. More information can be obtained from Mark de Greeff at email@example.com. We do not answer acquisition emails.